Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tech Support from India

I really despise overseas customer service when they can't speak and understand english very well. I had to call Kodak because of having issues with the print quaility of my printer. I was on the phone with a man who has an Indian accent. No big deal, but he has to spell out everything and I had to spell out everything even the name of my town, which is an easy one. Grrr!
I ended up having to purchase a new print head for my printer and while breaking down the costs, the print head, shipping and taxes, I had to ask what the $2.13 charge was for.

Me: What's the 2.13 for?
CS Rep: The print head is $24.99, the shipping is $6.50, the $2.13 is the field test. The total is $33.62
Me: What's that? Field test? What is that and what is it for?
CS Rep: Ok, the print head is $24.99, the shipping is $6.50, the $2.13 is the field test. The total is $33.62.
Me: What is a field test? What does it cost $2.13?
CS Rep: The total is $33.62. The print head is $24.99, the shipping is $6.50, the $2.13 is the field test.

**Ok, at the point, I need to break it down for him before I start to raise my voice**

Me: I understand the print head is $24.99. I know what that is. I know and understand the $6.50 is for shipping. But what is the $2.13? What did you call it? Field test?
CS Rep: The total is $33.62. The print head is $24.99, the shipping is $6.50, the $2.13 is the field test.

**GGGGGRRRRRR!!!!**

Me: Do you understand what I am asking? What is the $2.13 charge for?
CS Rep: Ok, Miss Tammy. The $24.99 is for the print head
Me: I know what that is and understand
CS REp: $6.50 is for shipping
Me: Yes, I understand that and have no issues with this charge.
CS Rep: And the $2.13 is for field test
Me: Yes!!! That is what I don't understand what it is. What is its purpose?
CS Rep: Let me put you on hold for a moment.

** At the time I don't know if they know what they are talking about and wondering what kind of BS answer I was going to get**

CS Rep: Thank you for holding. The $2.13 is a govemt pax that they charge us and we have to pay that.
Me: Oh, you mean government taxes?
CS Rep: Yes
ME: I was hearing everything else, not government tax.


Why is it so hard for US companies to employ reps that can actually speak fluently with US customers?

No comments:

Post a Comment